DLH Corporation serves federal government clients throughout the United States and abroad delivering technology enabled solutions in key health and human services programs. The Company's core competencies include secure data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory services, a full suite of public health research offerings, performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over 2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies. DLH’s portfolio consists of Defense & Veteran Health Solutions, Human Services Solutions and Public Health & Life Sciences.
Under the supervision of the Senior Project Director, this position will be responsible for ensuring Head Start (HS) project tasks, goals, and objectives are planned, organized, executed, and tracked in alignment with standard project management principles and practices. The Project Manager will oversee the HS project life cycle from initiation to closeout, defining scope, key deliverables and milestones, and identifying risk.
• Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan, establishing tasks and milestones to ensure adherence to deadlines and contract deliverables.
• Supervise the work of the DLH HS Project Coordinator.
• Work with key stakeholders to create an integrated project plan focused on attaining the outlined goals.
• Establish effective project communication plans and ensure their execution.
• Facilitate change requests to ensure all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
• Oversee the HS project life cycle from initiation to closeout
• Provide project updates to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
• Measure project performance to identify areas of risk or improvement.
• Oversee the development and submission of the monthly report to the OHS of core project tasks, activities, milestones, decisions, and budgetary information.
• Provide support to the OHS COTR and Planning, Oversight & Policy (POP) staff and participate in OHS meetings as needed or requested.
• Serve as a liaison for communicating with the DLH HS leadership team and clients on any issues that arise.
• Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
• Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project execution.
Company Core Competencies
• Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
• Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
• Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
• Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
Role Based Competencies – Professional Track
• Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
• Computer Skills: Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses computers to improve productivity.
• Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
• Interpersonal Skills: Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
• Productivity: Manages a workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, handles information flow.
• Problem Solving/Analysis: Break down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Bachelors degree and 10+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and Special Skills
• Program Management Professional (PgMP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent required.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS Project or other project management software, and SharePoint
DLH is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.